Are you seeking the best tooth replacement option in Sacramento? Then, Complete Comfort Dental is here to guide you through your journey towards a captivating smile. We understand how the loss of a tooth can influence your daily life, from food consumption to self-confidence.
Dentures and dental implants are two of the most popular options available for tooth replacement. This blog aims to explore these two cosmetic dentistry procedures in depth, so you can decide what’s best for you.
Dentures have been a long-standing solution in the world of cosmetic dentistry. They are artificial gums and teeth designed to replace lost or removed teeth. Dentures can be full (replacing all teeth) or partial (replacing some teeth). While dentures can be a cost-effective solution, they may not offer the same level of comfort and functionality as natural teeth.
Unveiling Dental Implants:
Dental implants represent a revolutionary step in cosmetic dentistry. These implants are titanium posts surgically placed into the jawbone, where they act as roots for missing teeth. After the surgical area heals, a custom-made crown is placed on top of the implant, providing a natural and functional tooth replacement.
Dental Implants vs Dentures:
Choosing between dental implants and dentures often comes down to individual needs, lifestyle, and budget. Here’s a comparison to guide you:
- Stability and Comfort: Dental implants provide more stability as they are fixed into the jawbone. Dentures may slip or move, leading to discomfort during eating or speaking.
- Aesthetics: As the best dentist in Sacramento, at Complete Comfort Dental, we can attest that dental implants offer a more natural look and feel than dentures.
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime. In contrast, dentures need to be replaced every 5-8 years.
- Bone Health: Dental implants promote jawbone health, preventing bone loss often associated with missing teeth. Dentures do not offer this benefit.
- Care: Dental implants require the same care as your natural teeth, while dentures need to be removed and cleaned separately.
When it comes to dental implants or dentures, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. It’s about personal preference, oral health, lifestyle, and financial considerations. As the best dentist in Sacramento, Complete Comfort Dental is committed to helping you make an informed decision about your tooth replacement options. Our team, renowned for offering top-quality dental implants and comprehensive cosmetic dentistry services, will guide you through each step of your smile restoration journey. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and start your path to a healthier, brighter smile.